Who is the Holy Spirit?
Simply put, the Holy Spirit is God. He is divine and the third person of the Trinity. He has His own mind, will and emotions. To truly appreciate the fruits of the Holy Spirit and the gifts of the Holy Spirit, it is helpful to understand some characteristics of the Holy Spirit.
- He is God. Acts 5:3-4
- He is omnipresent, everywhere simultaneously. Psalm 139:7-8
- He is omniscience, having total knowledge. 1 Corinthians 2:10-11
- He thinks and knows. 1 Corinthians 2:10
- He has emotions and grieves. Ephesians 4:30
- He intercedes for us. Romans 8:26-27
- He is a decision maker. 1 Corinthians 12:7-11
- He is our comforter and counselor. John 14:16, 26; 15:26
He can be seen throughout all scripture; even at the beginning of creation.
Sinclair Ferguson said, “The Holy Spirit brings fullness to emptiness and order to chaos… He works in our life to make our hearts a home for the Father and the Son”.
We are gifted with the Holy Spirit as our companion from this life to eternity. It can be a beautiful relationship, when we seek grow our relationship Him and to see His work in our life.